In this Jan. 11, 2018 file photo, Aziz Ansari arrives at the 23rd annual Critics' Choice Awards at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
Netflix is standing by Master of None and Aziz Ansari despite a sexual-misconduct allegation against the comedian earlier this year.
Cindy Holland, a programming executive for the streaming service, said on Sunday there's been thought given to a third season for the comedy starring and co-created by Ansari.
She added that Netflix would "certainly be happy" to make another Master of None season with Ansari, but didn't commit to it or indicate what the production or release timeline might be. The show about a young, single actor in New York last aired in 2017.
Ansari in January was the subject of a lengthy article published on the website Babe.net accusing him of sexual misconduct. In the piece, a woman who went on a date with Ansari accused him of coercing her into sexual activity that she later found she was uncomfortable with.
Ansari, in a subsequent statement, acknowledged having consensual sexual activity with the woman and said that he had been "surprised and concerned" to learn of her discomfort.
The report sparked a public debate, with some saying the claim shed light on aggressive sexual behaviour and others dismissing it as a bad date that should have remained private.
Fielding questions from TV critics at a summer press tour, Holland said that she has not spoken directly with Ansari since the article was published. Season 2 of Master of None premiered on Netflix in May 2017.
© RAW 2018