The head of the organisation in charge of the Hollywood Walk of Fame says there are no plans to remove any stars from the landmark walkway after a request from the city council in West Hollywood for the removal of US President Donald Trump's star.
A resolution to request the removal of Trump's star was unanimously adopted by the West Hollywood City Council on Monday. The resolution cited "disparaging remarks about women, multiple allegations of abuse and efforts to cover up those instances".
It also said it based its decision on the Trump administration's separation of immigrant families at US-Mexico border and Trump's behaviour toward Russia despite the intelligence community's finding that it interfered in the 2016 election.
Leron Gubler, president of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which has jurisdiction over the Walk of Fame, issued a statement saying that while there is no plan to remove Trump's star, the request from the council will be referred to the chamber's executive committee for consideration.
The chamber has said in the past that it would never remove stars, according to news reports.
Trump's star was unveiled in 2007 for his work on the Miss Universe pageant. It has been the target of protests and has been vandalised more than once, most recently last month.
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a series of more than 2600 terrazzo and brass stars on a public footpath on both sides of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in the heart of Hollywood.
© DPA 2018 Photo credit: AP Photo/Reed Saxon, File