Lips getting injected with filler seems to have been quite the rage over the past few years. But what happens when you have an allergic reaction to the filler? One woman – Basia Query, 24 found out the hard way after her lips blew out to over double their original size. Yikes! We know Halloween is around the corner but surely this isn’t what she had in mind for her freaky November costume!
Now, rumour has it that she suffered an allergic reaction to the cheaper procedure option Basia opted for, which doesn’t involve needles. It’s around about here that you’ve got to ask.. why do girls that look like this think that they need to shove a needle in their face to fix what ain’t broke yo??
View this post on Instagram
Now just to clarify, full power to you and your look and your bod and do what you will with it you do you sista! All I’m asking is.. is it really worth the risk ladies? when you’re already beautiful? To know full well that this might happen!? As referenced earlier, it is Halloween season so no biggy I guess…
@basiaquery 0/10 do not recommend #fyp #lips #hylauronpen ♬ Oh no, oh no, oh no, no no – Hip Hop
The alleged reason for Basia’s extra lush lips outcome, is that of an anaphylactic shock she suffered, so what is anaphylactic shock exactly?
It’s a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. It can occur within seconds or minutes of exposure to something you’re allergic to, such as a peanut or the venom from a bee sting, or in this case cheap lip filler. This particular reaction can cause airways to constrict and close, making it difficult to breathe.
All said and done, she was in great hands (not so great lips), quickly attended to, and her life raft like lips are said to have deflated over the course of a day.
So there you have it! Be careful out there ladies (and gents), you don’t want to end up like poor Basia! Unless that’s what you’re into then by all means, quack away!